I'm like a hunter of peace, chasing after the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Ignore this.


Well, it seems like everyone I know is angsting and dramaing about, so I figured I'd join the crowd. This time it's mostly centered around me. Oh boy.


So here's the backstory: Back at around the dawn of time (or ninth grade, however you want to look at it), I met a girl. She was cool. We dated. For two and a half years. A few weeks ago, I began to feel like I needed something different. I still respected and liked this girl, and she will always be special to me, but I wanted to go. I realized that feeling like that and staying in the relationship anyway wouldn't lead to goodness and light. So I broke up with her. There was sadness.


So now I'm single. There's like a week of nothing really happening. Then I turn around and holyfuckdamn. There's this incredibly awesome cute girl I know. And now I'm single. So there is flirting. Apparently it's obvious to all and sundry.


I'm new at this. I've had one girlfriend since I became not-girl-shy. I'm a little inexperienced. I may not be the best at tact. So that's my fault. But really, what can I say in my defense? I suppose I could have tried to wait longer, or been less obvious... but I have no idea what I'm doing half the time. I'm used to just going with the flow, so that's what I did.


The last thing I want to do, ever, is unnecessarily hurt anyone or break up any friendships. So I'm sorry to everyone I've hurt. Please don't hate me because I'm a n00b.


To X: I'm sorry if it seems like I've moved on too fast. Any error there is the fault of me not having a clue. I'll try to be less, uh, overt. Splitting up friends won't solve anything, though.


Yeesh. This part of being a teenager, I could do without.