I'm like a hunter of peace, chasing after the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

Friday, March 25, 2005

'Nother survey


What? I like surveys. I promise I'll talk about CSI soon.

Really Long Survey (over 200 questions)

What is your name?
Rob

Are you named after anyone?
My middle name is the same as my grandfather's (on my dad's side) first name.

What's your screename?
Strifeheart

Would you name a child of yours after you?
No, that'd be boring and/or confusing.

If you were born a member of the opposite sex what would your name be?
I vaguely recall my mom saying something about this... Jessica? Jordan? Something like that.

If you could switch names with a friend who would it be?
Hmm... my name is just fine.

Are there any mispronounciations/typos that ppl do w/ your name constantly?
People tend to read "Carson" as "Carlson". It's irritating.

Would you drop your last name if you became famous?
No.

Basics

Your gender:
Male

Straight/Gay/Bi:
Straight.

Single?
Sort of?

If not, do you want to be?
N/A

Birthdate:
1/31/89

Your age:
16

Age you act:
Depending on the subject, anywhere from 7 to 45.

Age you wish you were:
mid-20s

Your height:
5'10.5"

Eye color:
blue

Happy with it?
Yeah, it works.

Hair color:
medium brown

Happy with it?
Yeah, but I bleached chunks of it. It looks cooler.

Lefty/righty/ambidextrous:
Right.

Your living arrangement:
I live with my parents.

Your family:
Mother and father. That's my nuclear family, anyway.

Have any pets?
No. I want a pet, though.

Whats your job?
Lawn mowing (I desperately need a real job)

Piercings?
None, sir.

Tattoos?
Nuh-uh

Obsessions?
No, not really. Nothing you could really call an obsession, aside from constantly messing with my hair.

Addictions?
I might as well face it, I'm addicted to love.

Do you speak another language?
German.

Have a favorite quote?
Far too many for this survey.

Do you have a webpage?
strifeheart.blogspot.com; I'll have another one soon.

Deep Thoughts About Life and You in it
All I want out of life is to enjoy myself. I always want to be happy with what I'm doing.

Do you live in the moment?
Yeah, I guess.

Do you consider yourself tolerant of others?
Yes I do.

Do you have any secrets?
No. OR DO I?

Do you hate yourself?
Hell no!

Do you like your handwriting?
It works. Most people can read it. It's kind of idiosyncratic.

Do you have any bad habits?
Not really.

What is the compliment you get from most people?
Apparently I'm smart. Hmm. Who would've thought?

If a movie was made about your life, what would it be called?
[insert [Insert Witty Title Here] here]

What's your biggest fear?
Powerlessness

Can you sing?
I like to think so. Most other people don't.

Do you ever pretend to be someone else just to look cool?
Not really.

Are you a loner?
I like spending time by myself and with my friends about equally.

What are your #1 priorities in life?
Having fun and being happy.

If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Depends. Who would I be?

Are you a daredevil?
Occasionally.

Is there anything you fear or hate about yourself?
I fear that I won't be able to seriously apply myself to classes in college. But I try not to worry about it, because it'll probably work out in the end.

Are you passive or agressive?
I don't really know. I've never thought about it.

Do you have a journal?
strifeheart.blogspot.com generally suffices.

What is your greatest strength and weakness?
Let other people rate that.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would be less emotionally awkward (probably a misrepresentation of what I'm actually trying to say). And I would have straight hair.

Do you think you are emotionally strong?
Sure.

Is there anything you regret doing/not doing in life?
Not really. I dislike regret.

Do you think life has been good so far?
Yeah, I'd say so.

What is the most important lesson you've learned from life?
Do what you feel is right, have fun, and it'll all work out in the end.

What do you like the most about your body?
The fact that I retain muscle tone and slight tan despite playing video games and avoiding direct sunlight for 4-5 months out of the year.

And least?
I dunno.

Do you think you are good looking?
I guess.

Are you confident?
Sure, why not?

What is the fictional character you are most like?
I'm gonna have to go with Commander Vimes (see: Discworld series by Terry Pratchett), even though it's probably not really that true. This is another thing that other people should decide.

Are you perceived wrongly?
Uh, sometimes?

Do You...

Smoke?
No ma'am.

Do drugs?
CAFFEINE

Read the newspaper?
Every day.

Pray?
Never.

Go to church?
Nope.

Talk to strangers who IM you?
No IM. Except AIM express, and I'm not on often enough for my friends to IM me, let alone strangers. But I probably would.

Sleep with stuffed animals?
Yes, actually.

Take walks in the rain?
Occasionally.

Talk to people even though you hate them?
Not really anyone that I hate.

Drive?
I'll drive more when I have my license.

Like to drive fast?
It's pretty fun, but generally I'll be somewhere near the speed limit.

Would or Have You Ever?

Like your voice?
It'll work.

Hurt yourself?
Not on purpose.

Been out of the country?
Only Canada. But I saw Niagara Falls.

Eaten something that made other people sick?
Lots of things have probably made someone sick at one time or another. So yeah, I guess so.

Been in love?
Yes'm.

Done drugs?
None that would cause concern.

Gone skinny dipping?
Yes, every night. (SHOWER OOH BURN)

Had a medical emergency?
Hit. By. A. Truck.

Had surgery?
A tooth pulled, a few stitches here and there, but that's it.

Ran away from home?
No.

Played strip poker?
Heh, no.

Gotten beaten up?
No.

Beaten someone up?
Apparently I beat someone up in kindergarten. Knowing him, he probably deserved it.

Been picked on?
Yeah, nothing major.

Been on stage?
Only for school.

Slept outdoors?
A few times.

Thought about suicide?
Never.

Pulled an all nighter?
Once or twice

If yes, what is your record?
Like a day and a half... then I slept for 15 hours. I'm weak.

Gone one day without food?
Nope.

Talked on the phone all night?
Longest phone coversation is like three hours.

Slept together with the opposite sex w/o actually having sex?
Not recently.

Slept all day?
Latest I've slept in is about 1:00 p.m.

Killed someone?
Oh, thousands.

Made out with a stranger?
No.

Had sex with a stranger?
No.

Thought you're going crazy?
Yeah, a few times.

Kissed the same sex?
Not, uh, sexually.

Done anything sexual with the same sex?
Do I count?

Been betrayed?
Not really.

Had a dream that came true?
Yes.

Broken the law?
Nothing major. Curfew is t3h dumbx0rz.

Met a famous person?
I met Melee. The band.

Have you ever killed an animal by accident?
Ran over a vole with my lawnmower once. #tear#

On purpose?
Plenty of insects, spiders, bees... etc.

Told a secret you swore you wouldn't tell?
I don't think so.

Stolen anything?
Not, uh, illegally.

Been on radio/tv?
Burnsville public access, for Quiz Bowl. w00t w00t.

Been in a mosh-pit?
Yes.

Had a nervous breakdown?
Not really.

Bungee jumped?
No. I might, eventually.

Had a dream that kept coming back?
A few. And they never came back that often.

Beliefs

Belive in life on other planets?
Somewhere, definitely.

Miracles?
Not really.

Astrology?
Don't be silly.

Magic?
Sleight of hand, my friends.

God?
Nossir.

Satan?
If I don't believe in God, why would I believe in Satan?

Santa?
Not really.

Ghosts?
Not in the traditional sense.

Luck?
I don't believe in inherent natural luck, but I do believe that it would be cool.

Love at first sight?
If you fall in actual love at first sight, clearly it was destiny and you are in a fictional setting.

Yin and yang (that good cant exist w/o bad)?
Yes, though I believe that taking the view that everything is a simple dichotomy is bad (see: Newspeak).

Witches?
Most Wiccans are uninformed dolts.

Easter bunny?
No. But I do believe in candy.

Believe its possible to remain faithful forever?
Probably.

Believe theres a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?
The rainbow is an image individual to anyone looking at it. It's simply an effect of light (albeit a beautiful one), and has no physical end. But if there is one, Lisa Frank already fucking found it. #shudder#

Do you wish on stars?
No, but they do look damn cool.

Deep Theological Questions

Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?
You don't know me, do you? No.

Do you think God has a gender?
Irrelevant.

Do you believe in organized religion?
I hate hate hate organized religion and all forms of proselytizing.

Where do you think we go when we die?
Well, I want to be cremated. (I have an interesting view on consciousness and its transfer (sort of like a spinoff of traditional reincarnation) that I'll be sure to blog about in future.)

Friends

Do you have any gay/lesbian friends?
Not that I know of for sure.

Who is your best friend?
Eric.

Who's the one person that knows most about you?
Hmmm... hard to say.

What's the best advice that anyone has ever given to you?
Don't worry too much, everything will turn out fine.

Your favourite inside joke?
TOO. MANY.

Thing you're picked on most about?
I don't know. Ticklishness?

Who's your longest known friend?
Michael Arnst? I don't know; I've known a few of my friends since at least elementary school.

Newest?
Lauren?

Shyest?
David?

Funniest?
Dillon

Sweetest?
I couldn't say.

Closest?
Eric

Weirdest?
Jon M.

Smartest?
I know lots of smart people.

Ditziest?
probably Lucky or Kylie... or Lauren, or...

Friends you miss being close to the most?
Hmm...

Last person you talked to online?
Dillon, technically

Who do you talk to most online?
No idea.

Who are you on the phone with most?
Lately, Eric or Catie

Who do you trust most?
Eric

Who listens to your problems?
Me. I talk to myself a lot.

Who do you fight most with?
Hmm...

Who's the nicest?
All of my friends are usually nice.

Who's the most outgoing?
Lucky

Who's the best singer?
No idea

Who's on your shit-list?
No one, really

Have you ever thought of having sex with a friend?
Uh... define friend...

Who's your second family?
The Tjenstroms.

Do you always feel understood?
Don't know. Haven't really noticed.

Who's the loudest friend?
LAUREN

Do you trust others easily?
Yeah, generally.

Who's house were you last at?
Eric's

Name one person who's arms you feel safe in:
ARGHBLABLBL "WHO'S" USED AS POSESSIVE ERRORERRORERROR ####@%!@Q#$^ ... ... ...Sorry. Couldn't really say, right now. Maybe later.

Do your friends know you?
Mostly?

Friend that lives farthest away:
Forrey, Marty, and Amanda live all the way out in Carver. Stupid Carver.

Love and All That

Do you consider love a mistake?
No. Love is never a mistake. What people do with it can be.

What do you find romantic?
All kinds of different things.

Turn-on?
See above.

Turn-off?
Unattractiveness, stupidity.

First kiss?
Amanda

If someone u had no interest in had interest in dating u how would u feel?
Argh, idiot-speak! Uh, I'd be flattered.

Do you prefer knowing someone before dating them or going
Huh? The rest of this survey was in English; what happened? Anyway, yes, I prefer getting to know someone before dating them. Which is rather fortuitous, as it happens.

Have u ever wished it was more socially acceptable 4 a girl 2 ask a guy out
I didn't realize it wasn't.

Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractiv
If I am attracted to someone with my whole heart, they are beautiful to me no matter what they look like. (Uh, yeah, what Bond said. He's the one I stole this survey from.)

Do you think the opposite sex finds you good looking?
Some, I'm sure, do.

What is best about the opposite sex?
Personality!

What is the worst thing about the opposite sex?
Personality!

What's the last present someone gave you?
A fedora full of chocolates. That's the last major-holiday-present someone gave me. Catie gave me a The Streets CD not too long ago. Good CD.

Are you in love?
I'm not sure I'd call it that yet, but we'll see... #roguish wink#

Do you consider your significant other hot?
I am choosing to ignore that question, for it is stupid.

Who Was the Last Person...

That haunted you?
Amanda

You wanted to kill?
GWB

That you laughed at?
David? No idea.

That laughed at you?
Don't know.

That turned you on?
Hmm... #roguish wink#

You went shopping with?
Catie, Eric, Kylie, Lauren, Kelly

That broke your heart?
N/A

To disappoint you?
Anyone who got all Xanga-y a few days ago.

To ask you out?
[insert correct response here]

To make you cry?
Amanda, but I guess actually myself.

To brighten up your day?
Catie.

That you thought about?
Kylie. Because I was just talking to her.

You saw a movie with?
Eric. (Hostage. Good movie.)

You talked to on the phone?
Kylie, like a few seconds ago.

You talked to through IM/ICQ?
I have no idea. Forrey, maybe?

You saw?
Mom.

You lost?
I don't know how to answer this question.

Right This Moment...

Are you going out?
I'm answering a survey, stupid.

Will it be with your significant other?
N/A

Or some random person?
Still N/A

What are you wearing right now?
Here's the entire list: boxers, socks, Dickies shorts (when am I not?), dark blue long-sleeve shirt, brown Rooney T-shirt, watch, Blink-182 wristband, ring, necklace, belt

Body part you're touching right now:
I'm sitting on my foot.

What are you worried about right now?
Suit shopping tomorrow. I hope I can find something I like and not piss everyone off.

What book are you reading?
Visual History of the 20th Century

What's on your mousepad?
Pizza Hut (or my mouse lolololololololol)

Use 5 words to describe how you're feeling:
Hungry, tired, longing, optimistic, sorethroated

Are you bored?
I'd say I'm sufficiently entertained.

Are you tired?
A little.

Are you talking to anyone online?
No.

Are you talking to anyone on the phone?
I was talking to Kylie a little while ago.

Are you lonely or content?
A little of both. Mostly content.

Are you listening to music?
Yes. Left Front Tire - "Cheaters".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my survey's better
and you cant handle it
and i am bored
so i am rambling
on your web page
for no reason
better go to bed soon

p.s. email me back douschebag
p.s.s. sorry, i didn't mean to be pushy in the p.s.
p.s.s.s. that last thing i said was bull.
p.s.s.s.s. boring

Wed Mar 30, 08:58:00 PM CST

 
Blogger Rob Carson said...

You spelled douchebag wrong.

Fri Apr 22, 07:53:00 PM CDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home